Tuesday 29 January 2013

Healthy Tuesday Night Dinner

I'm a huge fan of Greek Salad, but I find just a Greek Salad for dinner will leave me still hungry. I decided to do a spin on a Greek Salad and add a few other ingredients. I added quinoa, which is a healthy grain like seed. It reminds me of a rice. The health benefits alone are worth it to add to any dish. The fact that it taste yummy is an added bonus. Quinoa is high in protein, calcium, iron, vitamin E, vitamin B and many amino acids. Not only is this meal super easy and quick to make, but the hubby loves it too. Which is hard to find healthy, vegetarian meals that he will actually eat. Here's my recipe:
 
 

 
 
 
 

Ingredients:
1 green pepper thinly sliced
10 cherry or grape tomatoes cut into quarters
1/2 red onion thinly sliced
1 avocado cut into small pieces
1/2 cucumber cut into quarters
1 cup uncooked quinoa
feta
Dressing:
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. parsley
pinch of salt
1 tsp. oregano
 
Directions:
Cook quinoa according to directions,
allow quinoa to cool,
add all ingredients in a large bowl,
add dressing and mix together,
divide onto plates and add crumbled feta on top
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment